Thursday, December 1, 2011

iBlog.

I like blogging for it provides me with a chance to jot down my thoughts when I forget my notebook at school. It's fortunately easy for me to open up Blogger in a tab and keep it there, going back as I read to record some new revelations. It's even better than writing because I type faster than I write, and it's easier for me to record some of my straying digressions that might turn out to have an interesting meaning. Other than that, the biggest perk of keeping an online blog is that it's public. My friends and peers can easily access my writings and leave their feedback. Their words encourage and challenge me, and since many of my blog entries are continuations of class discussions, my classmates' inputs inspire me to think critically outside of the classroom.

Another advantage of this online journal is its accessibility. Although it shames me to admit it, I am not the most organized person in the world; I like to write my ideas in the margins of my notebook, crowding them with doodles that express my visual interpretations of the novels. But they are not easy to track down, and I have often found myself frustratingly turning pages of my notebook trying to find a promising paragraph I had written the week before. Blogger gives me the option of storing my ideas in one place - one that can be found at my home and at school.

No comments: